Search for Jobs:
Construction Superintendent Cedar Rapids, IA
Cedar Rapids, IA
Point Builders is an experienced design build construction management firm with two fully staffed offices in central and eastern Iowa. We specialize in systems construction and rank in the top 100 pre-engineered contractors in the United States and Canada. As a total turnkey contractor, we also provide services such as in-house architectural design, assistance with site selections and financial incentives. Point Builders slogan: Innovative Solutions Built on a Foundation of Trust.
Point Builders, a GROWING commercial general contractor with offices in Cedar Rapids and Davenport, is seeking an individual to fill the position of Construction Superintendent.
Job Responsibilities: (include but not limited too)
- Read and understand blueprints and specifications.
- Assist in site logistics plan, construction phasing plans, and overall project schedule with final review by Project Manager and VP of Construction.
- Understand and maintain job schedules with Micro-soft project.
- Make sure all required state and local inspections are completed per job requirements.
- Coordinate and manage the work of all sub-contractors.
- Record and maintain daily logs (submit to the office weekly.)
- Maintain and update record As-built drawings
- Trigger the job close out process with the PM
- Weekly updates to the Owner and Point Team
- Create and maintain 2 week look-ahead on the projects
- Manage multiple projects at one time
- Review and mark up shop drawings and submittals
- Ability to contribute to Pull Sessions for projects
- Lead and coordinate pre punch-list with Project Manager and other management staff as needed
- Attend all required meetings, including but not limited to networking events, customer/company meetings, etc.
- Promote a culture of safety at all levels of the organization
- Ensure compliance with Point Builders’ safety policies, state and federal OSHA safety standards.
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized job site at all times.
Point Builders offers:
- Full time salaried position
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Annual bonus potential
- Auto and phone allowance
3 years minimum experience in commercial, industrial design build and hard bid construction.
- Skill in accessing issuing and making decisions and communicating/implementing the decision quickly.
- Knowledge of the construction means and methods and engineering techniques as it relates to the products and services provided by Point Builders.
- Ability to comply with all work related deadlines.
- Ability to maintain a work schedule of 7 – 3:30.
- Ability to work daily and extended hours as necessary.
- Willingness to travel if job requires it.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management staff, company project staff, vendors, contractors and project owners on any issues/problems related to the project.
- Use written and verbal communication effectively.
Travel is required if job requires it.