Search for Jobs:
Shop Laborer Des Moines, IA
Des Moines, IA
Specialize in demolition, heavy highway and commercial grading.
Job Type: Full-Time
Availability: Must be available during all hours of operation, however majority of hours are worked between 5:00AM - 7:00PM
Salary Range: Union Scale plus health/ vision/ dental insurance, pension plan, and other benefits
Uniforms provided after 90 days of employment.
Elder Corporation is a family-owned business and values long-term employee relationships. We specialize in massive earthmoving and complex underground utility projects to heavy duty demolition work, and are trusted by thousands of Midwest customers to be their site development partner. Although we require experienced applicants for some positions, we are always looking for employees who are willing to be flexible and learn new skills. To learn more about Elder Corporation, visit our website at www.eldercorp.com.
- Empty out trash and recycling containers.
- Sweep and scrub shop floors where needed.
- Keep the floor scrubber drained and washed out.
- Maintain a clean washbay (floor, walls, hoses, reels, power washer).
- Change out hand towels and soap containers for hand washing.
- Clean shop and spare vehicles inside and out.
- Empty all scrap bins when needed. Separate steel from cast from aluminum.
- Clean around main doors, overhead doors, sinks, urinals, eye wash stations and under work benches when needed.
- Periodically clean and maintain the yard parking lot. Includes mowing, trimming and snow removal.
- Inspect out building for trash and help organize it so it is accessible at all times.
- Steam clean equipment, trucks and vehicles, especially in the winter months.
- Assist with parts pick up or drop off, vehicle pickup or drop off, etc.
- Must be dependable and willing to report to work on time.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to work extended hours during the construction season.
- Must be willing to learn new skills, specific to the industry.
Training will be provided upon hire.
- Class A CDL driver’s license with Air Brake Endorsement is preferred.
- Experience with equipment maintenance and forklift operation.
Elder Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.
All prospective employees will be subject to a pre-employment drug screen, physical and a background check.