Search for Jobs:
Human Resources Manager/Construction Safety Coordinator Des Moines, IA
Hy-Vee Construction, LC
Human Resources Manager/Construction Safety Coordinator
Des Moines, IA
$50k - $70k
Since 1995, Hy-Vee Construction has built its reputation and award-winning, quality construction for Hy-Vee. We are now prepared to offer etensive services to a broader market. These services include: * Refrigerated and dry storage warehousing; * Food Processing and handling facilities; * Retail Construction; * Rolling Remodels - keeping your operations active.
Brief Job Description:
This position is responsible for all aspects of the Human Resources Department along with Construction Safety relating to Hy-Vee Construction and A+ Communications and Security.
Primary HR Duties and Responsibilities:
· Writes and maintains job descriptions, job postings, employee handbook, and specific company policies.
· Recruits prospective employees, conducts employment interviews, onboarding process, and oversees maintenance of personnel files.
· Counsels and assists managers regarding employees in the areas of, but not limited to, performance management, personnel issues, and wage reviews.
· Acts as benefits coordinator, conducts open enrollment meetings, and assists employees with enrollment.
· Prepares employee disability claims, leave of absence, and parental leave requests.
· Document, track, and maintain compliance for employee certifications/licenses, DOT compliance, etc.
· Assist in the creation and ongoing operation of an internal Apprenticeship Program for our field crews.
· Develop and maintain standard work and metrics for all major HR processes.
Primary Safety Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
· Focus on ensuring a safe work environment for our workers, our clients, and their customers.
· Maintain our safety program and third party safety partnerships
· Conduct and organize various trainings sessions
· Conduct periodic safety inspections of job sites to ensure safety procedures are in place.
· Collaborate with food safety personnel and onsite construction employees; to ensure proper food safety measures are in order and risk is limited.
· Oversee all aspects of risk management.
· Develop and maintain standard work and metrics for all Safety related processes.
You will have an opportunity to enroll in a full compliment of benefits including medical, dental, short-term disability, life and long-term disability, PTO, company match 401k, company profit sharing in form of quarterly bonus and Hy-Vee employee discount on groceries.
Education and Experience:
A Bachelor’s degree preferably in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Construction, or a closely related field. Ideally, a minimum of five years of similar experience in the construction industry.
The OSHA 30 certification and Food Safety Manager Certification would be a requirement of the job. This, and other training, can be provided after hire to the right candidate.
· Visual requirements include: ability to see detail at near and far range with or without correction, normal depth perceptions.
· Must be able to physically perform sedentary work: exerting up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
Must be able to perform the following physical activities: standing, walking, lifting, stooping, kneeling, reaching, handling, grasping, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.