Search for Jobs:
Project Manager Waterloo, IA
Peters Construction Corp.
At Peters Construction, we BUILD. Our Project Managers work with our team of Skilled Craftspeople that do everything from Carpentry to Steelwork to Concrete to Earthwork in order to BUILD the perfect space for our clients so they can focus on what they do best. Not only do we BUILD great spaces for our clients, we help our team BUILD their skills so that they are constantly learning, growing, improving and getting new opportunities.
At Peters Construction Corporation, our goal is to BUILD a great team that is constantly learning, growing, and improving so that we can BUILD great spaces for our clients.
We are seeking an experienced Commercial Construction Project Manager with the skills and experience to make sure every project we are a part of is a success for our clients, vendors, employees and company. A Project Manager at Peters Construction has the opportunity to be part of almost every aspect of the construction process. You will get to work with a team that has experience and skill combined with a desire improve our approach so that we continue to serve our clients and our company for years to come.
Peters Construction is an Employee Owned Commercial General Contractor with approximately 70 employees and 70 years of experience in the Cedar Valley and have built a reputation as a preferred contractor in the area because of our commitment to high quality and cost effective work. Our projects range in size from $15,000 to $15,000,000 and cover everything from historical renovations to industrial to warehouses to schools to churches to medical and countless other types in between.
The Project Manager's main role is to ensure that each project they are leading is completed with a high level of quality in a timely and cost effective manner. They will work closely with the project owner, design team, sub-contractors, suppliers and other Peters Construction team members. They will be asked to participate in all aspects of a construction process from pre-construction to project completion.
- Ability to participate in pre-construction and project estimating process.
- Write contracts and sub-contractor agreements, as well as handle material procurement and supplier purchase agreements.
- Review and process project submittals for approval.
- Develop and maintain project schedule to ensure project completed as scheduled.
- Track and monitor job costs for labor, materials and subcontractors.
- Lead progress meetings with client, design team and other key stakeholders in the project.
- Maintain accurate project level accounting including change orders and cost adjustments.
- Collaborate with all the key stakeholders in a project to solve problems that arise and ensure they have the information they need in order to complete the project as planned.
- Facilitate the resolution of design changes and questions.
- Ensure job is completed safely and in compliance with OSHA safety regulations.
- Continuous development of skills, including but not limited to technology and leadership skills.
- Attention to Detail.
- Follow through.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Proactively identifies potential issues.
- Solve problems calmly and collaboratively.
- Willingness to receive and give constructive performance feedback.
- Manage time and competing priorities.
- Ability to use and learn current and future technology.
Education and Experience
- Three years of experience as a Commercial Construction Project Manager is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management/Engineering strongly preferred.
- Experience with Sage 300 Estimating and Project Management is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Project is preferred.
- Experience with Bluebeam is preferred.