Search for Jobs:
Fuel Truck/Lube Mechanic Des Moines, IA
Fuel Truck/Lube Mechanic
Des Moines, IA
Specialize in demolition, heavy highway and commercial grading.
Pay: Competitive Wages - Union Scale plus Union Benefits (Health, Vision, Dental), Pension Plan
Required: Hazmat License, Tanker Endorsement, Class B License w/ Air Brakes (Class A Preferred)
Shift: First Shift, Full Time (Must be available all hours and days of the week during construction season starting at 4:00am)
Other: Advancement Opportunities, Boot Reimbursement, Safe/ Clean/ Friendly Environment, Specialty tools
Elder Corporation is a family-owned business and values long-term employee relationships. We specialize in massive earthmoving and complex underground utility projects to heavy duty demolition work, and are trusted by thousands of Midwest customers to be their site development partner. Although we require experienced applicants for some positions, we are always looking for employees who are willing to be flexible and learn new skills. To learn more about Elder Corporation, visit our website at www.eldercorp.com.
The Fuel/ Lube Truck Driver is responsible for going to different Elder Corporation job sites (in the Des Moines area) to fuel equipment onsite, visually inspect equipment for noticeable issues, and grease appropriate grease points. This position requires a dedicated individual with a strong work ethic, as the workforce in the field must have the fuel in time to complete their daily schedule. The driver will be responsible for scheduling fuel route to ensure continuity of operation.
- Ensure all equipment is fueled and ready for the day
- Refill diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) as needed
- Guarantee all grease points are greased daily
- Visually inspect equipment during fuel/ grease process for issues that may cause downtime
- Submit data into an iPhone to log equipment hours and fuel quantities
- Report any mechanical issues to management immediately
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Basic iPhone skills (Ability to operate phone calls and enter data)
- Ability to work independently with little instruction
- Strong work ethic
- Prior operating or mechanic experience on CAT & John Deere heavy equipment
Elder Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.
All prospective employees will be subject to a pre-employment drug screen, physical and a background check.