Search for Jobs:
Electrical Estimator Ankeny, IA
$To be determined
Baker Group, the Midwest’s leading provider of critical building infrastructure systems, is expanding the team. Headquartered in Ankeny, Iowa with over 600 employees, Baker Group is the recognized leader in Mechanical, HVAC, Plumbing, Piping, Sheet Metal, Electrical, Automation, Access Control, Security Cameras, Parking Revenue Control and Fire Alarm design and construction of highly technical, special-use buildings such as; hospitals, educational facilities, corporate office buildings, data centers, industrial facilities, and research laboratories. Please visit our website at www.thebakergroup.com to learn more about our company and other open positions we may have available.
Maintain and grow the “Customer for Life” concept for existing and new customers. Support Project Managers in their pursuit of both Plan & Spec and Design / Build / Negotiated Projects.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
The following duties are typical for this job. These are not to be constructed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Electrical and Low Voltage systems, materials, labor, and current Electrical codes
- Set-up and maintain estimating software including maintenance of database and system components. Install/enter updates received via the Internet or from vendors for pricing and software
- Assist in further development of common Electrical estimating software.
- Update estimating software, as needed, for unusual requirements of job specifications
- Responsible for preparing all project take-off for inclusion into estimating book using EBM (Electric Bid Manager) or similar software, including drawing take-off, review of job specifications incorporating all requirements into take-off, calculation and preparation of all take-off reports, and distribution of estimating reports to Project Managers
- Ability to create an estimate offering the following capabilities; peer reviewable, usable as a turnover document, sequential commodities ordering and returns, project tracking, schedulable and manpower loading.
- Communicate with Project Managers in various Business Units for assistance with electrical installation take-off, job requirements, and specifications
- Meet project bid deadlines and schedules
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and understanding of local market conditions including changes in material, equipment, and labor costs
- Keep abreast of changes in industry technology and processes and determine impact on estimating methods
- Assist Project Manager with change order estimates and cost analysis
- Communicate with Vendors regarding product questions and ordering
- Other specific project responsibilities as time allows.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Personal Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401K Plan
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Advisor
- Paid Training
- Experience with computer estimating systems.
- 10+ years of field experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to read and understand job specifications, project drawings, sketches