Search for Jobs:
Ironworker Ames, IA
Henkel Construction Co.
Henkel Construction Company, the second oldest construction company in Iowa, builds healthcare, commercial, industrial, retail, institutional and heavy-highway projects. Projects range in value from $500,000 to $30 million. Half of our work is design-build or construction management and the other half is competitively bid.
Our goal is to be the Owner’s choice for construction services based on our professionalism, performance, dedication, and teamwork. We are committed to our employees and do our best to provide them with safe working environments where new ideas and growth are encouraged. In addition, we are dedicated to community service, as a company and as individuals.
We were awarded the top safety awards from Master Builders of Iowa/Iowa OSHA. Henkel received the Outstanding Safety Achievement Award, Safety Professional Award, and Safety Champion award. In addition Henkel Construction was the winner of Master Builders of Iowa Masters Award for projects $5 million to $10 million.
Perform Stick welding and Millwright work on commercial/industrial projects.
- Proficient in reading and working off of blueprints
- Able to layout and fabricate transitions, pipe, catwalks, handrail guards, hanger brackets and structural steel
- Able to safely operate all mobile equipment (forklift and JLG) and demonstrate safe lifting and rigging methods
- Demonstrate the ability to form and pour concrete pads and pump bases.
- Set up and operate pipe threader
- Must have Millwright skills
- Know and demonstrate the proper use, care and inspections of all P.P.E and safety harness.
- Demonstrate safe rigging and lifting methods “correctly”
- Display knowledge of proper lock out / tag out
- Provide your own tools
- Work well with members of the crew as a team
Business Conduct Statement(s)
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accurate – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Adaptability – Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Goal Oriented – Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Honesty/Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Initiative – Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- Interpersonal – Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Judgment – The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Problem Solving – Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Reliability – The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Time Management – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Benefit
- Profit sharing
- Paid Vacation
- Bonus program
- Assistance for continuing education
- Employee recruitment bonus
- Quarterly incentives
- Perfect Attendance incentives
- Hiring bonus!
Job Type: Full-Time
Minimum Years of Experience Required: 1+ Years
Minimum Years of Education Required: High School/GED
Willing to Travel
Specialty: Commercial, Industrial, Institutional
Must be Authorized to Work in the US
90 Mile Radius of Ames, IA