Search for Jobs:
Electrical Apprentice Pleasant Hill, IA
Pleasant Hill, IA
Burkhead Electric is a well-established electrical contractor serving the Greater Des Moines metro area for over 20 years. We are committed to providing quality work conducted by skilled employees. Our team strives to maintain a professional relationship with its clients and a safe work environment for its team members. We specialize in Residential, Commercial and Industrial electrical service projects relating to new builds, remodels and additions, lighting system installations and more.
Burkhead Electric is a well-established electrical contractor serving the Greater Des Moines metro area for over 20 years. We are committed to providing quality work conducted by skilled employees. Our team strives to maintain a professional relationship with its clients and a safe work environment for its team members.
Burkhead Electric has an immediate opening for an Electrical Apprentice. This is a Full-Time position and previous experience is preferred but not required. Electrical Apprentices are responsible for installing, testing and troubleshooting electrical systems in adherence to applicable electrical codes and safety requirements under the direction and supervision of a licensed Journeyman Electrician. The ideal candidate for this position is someone who:
- is able to work within tight and changing deadlines
- maintains open communication between the company and customer
- has a keen eye for details
- works with a safety always mindset
Burkhead Electric is pleased to offer its employees a variety of benefits. These include, and are not limited to:
- affordable medical, dental and vision insurances
- Short-term and Long-term disability plans
- Retirement Planning (401k)
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Use of Company vehicle
- Paid Continuing and Enhancement Education opportunities
- Tool and Clothing allowances
• Ability to complete the electrical apprenticeship program on both written and practical components
• Experience working on industrial, residential and commercial electrical systems preferred but not required
• Sit and pass State of Iowa Electrical Board Exam within 1 year of completing apprenticeship program.
• Proficiency with National Electric Code and local codes
• Ability to read blueprints, diagrams and maps
• Have a valid driver’s license and maintain a clean driving record
• Must be able to pass background and drug testing requirements
• Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time.
• Ability to walk over various terrain
• Ability to lift 15 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds on occasion
• Ability to bend, kneel, crouch and reach overhead
• Ability to climb ladders of various heights and styles safely
• Ability to follow safety requirements set both by the company and on project sites as may be additionally required
• Ability to use and comply with Personal Protective Equipment policies and best practices
Apprentice Curriculum Information:
Burkhead Electric is an Accredited Training Center and Accredited Assessment Center through NCCER (National Center for Construction Education and Research) and uses NCCER training materials for the purposes of the Electrical Apprenticeship Curriculum. In addition to the nationally recognized curriculum being utilized, Burkhead Electric is also a Registered Apprenticeship Provider through the Department of Labor.
Any individual applying who has prior schooling and/or hours towards an electrical apprentice should be prepared to supply documentation. All applicants offered employment with Burkhead Electric with prior experience and/or schooling will complete a skills assement for proper placement within the program.