Search for Jobs:
MEP Coordinator Davenport, IA
Russell Construction Co., Inc.
Russell is a professional firm providing Construction and Real Estate Development services across the Midwest. Since its inception in 1983, Russell has remained committed to a client-centered approach; core ideologies of integrity, innovation and professionalism; appreciation for its team members and lasting community involvement.
As an Iowa based company who has delivered over 200 projects state-wide and more than $1 billion across 30 states, Russell remains a leader in its core construction markets, including education, housing, senior living, manufacturing, hospitality, and complex additions/renovations.
Provide job review and technical assistance on the mechanical systems related to construction projects from concept through warranty period. Assigned increasing levels of responsibility as determined by competence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in estimates for selected projects with detailed review of proposal specifications, drawings, takeoff information, and contracting requirements.
- Provide technical assistance, interpretation of drawings, create specifications and RFP for design build, recommending systems, construction methods and equipment, provide value analysis of systems, etc., as required.
- Site Visits to identify potential issues in construction and design including final testing.
- Work with Commissioning agent during construction and during final testing.
- Evaluate and resolve issues during all phases of preconstruction and construction.
- Cost history tracking.
- Provide management of subcontractor coordination meetings.
- Assist in development of training programs, assessment process, and other assignments per supervisor’s direction.
Russell offers a compensation and benefits package that is highly competitive within our industry.
Work/Life Balance Benefits:
- Universal Paid Time Off Plan – replaces standardized segregated vacation, sick and personal days
- Community Service Support
- Recognition Programs
- Employee Referral Program
- Development Assessments and Training
- 401(k) with company matching funds
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Bonus Plan
Health & Wellness Benefits:
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Cafeteria Plan — flex spending, dependent care accounts, voluntary vision and dental and pre-tax treatment of premiums
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Educational experience; Two or four-year Construction Engineering or Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and / or related experience.
Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction, engineering, estimating, schedules and safety are required.
Detailed knowledge of fire protection, plumbing, HVAC temperature controls, and electrical systems, construction, codes and standards, understanding of building automation systems and how they function are all critical for this position.
Basic Knowledge of HVAC load calculations and how they are calculated.
Excellent communication and organization skills are essential.
Must possess initiative and ability to work independently.