Search for Jobs:
Sr. Project Manager Davenport, IA
Russell Construction Co., Inc.
Sr. Project Manager
Russell is a professional firm providing Construction and Real Estate Development services across the Midwest. Since its inception in 1983, Russell has remained committed to a client-centered approach; core ideologies of integrity, innovation and professionalism; appreciation for its team members and lasting community involvement.
As an Iowa based company who has delivered over 200 projects state-wide and more than $1 billion across 30 states, Russell remains a leader in its core construction markets, including education, housing, senior living, manufacturing, hospitality, and complex additions/renovations.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy.
- Initiate and maintain relationships with owners, architects and developers. Negotiate and secure new business.
- Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of on-site Superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Represent company in project meetings, assist in labor negotiations/strategy meetings, etc.
- Facilitate and participate in client presentations and project interviews.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with client.
- Supervise the work of Project Managers/Project Engineers when assigned. Mentor and provide development assistance as required.
- Assume additional job related responsibilities as directed by leadership.
Russell offers a compensation and benefits package that is highly competitive within our industry.
Work/Life Balance Benefits:
- Universal Paid Time Off Plan – replaces standardized segregated vacation, sick and personal days
- Community Service Support
- Recognition Programs
- Employee Referral Program
- Development Assessments and Training
- 401(k) with company matching funds
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Bonus Plan
Health & Wellness Benefits:
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Cafeteria Plan — flex spending, dependent care accounts, voluntary vision and dental and pre-tax treatment of premiums
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Education and experience requirements include: 4 year Construction Engineering or Construction Management degree or equivalent, plus extensive (10 years or more) experience in commercial construction, design, finance and management required. Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize team performance. Thorough understanding of industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities vital; superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills are essential. Persuasive speaking and ability to represent the company in a professional manner. Advanced problem solving and negotiation capabilities. Knowledge of common financial practices within construction industry. Must be proficient in Microsoft Suite and industry specific software.