Search for Jobs:
Industrial Project Manager Ankeny, IA
Industrial Project Manager
Baker Group, the Midwest’s leading provider of critical building infrastructure systems, is expanding the team. Headquartered in Ankeny, Iowa with over 600 employees, Baker Group is the recognized leader in Mechanical, HVAC, Plumbing, Piping, Sheet Metal, Electrical, Automation, Access Control, Security Cameras, Parking Revenue Control and Fire Alarm design and construction of highly technical, special-use buildings such as; hospitals, educational facilities, corporate office buildings, data centers, industrial facilities, and research laboratories. Please visit our website at www.thebakergroup.com to learn more about our company and other open positions we may have available.
Create and develop relationships supportive of the Baker Group mission statement with employees, internal and external customers. Under limited supervision, manage and administer the construction and delivery of Industrial Piping Projects. Manager will work with Team from procurement, conception, design, budgeting, detailing, prefabrication, on-site coordination, quality control, and all aspects of contract management. Maintain and grow the “Customer for Life” concept for existing and new customers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are typical for this job. These are not to be constructed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Establish performance and delivery criteria, ensuring that client requirements are being met; prepare project specifications, and coordinates procurement, as appropriate
- Authorize issuance of contracts, purchase orders, and change orders, and approve contractor invoices for payment
- Direct work sequencing to expedite project delivery and to minimize disruption of ongoing institutional operations
- Inspect, approve, and accept completed projects for the company, ensuring conformance building and life safety codes, and architectural/engineering specifications
- Represent Baker Group in business with customers, consultants, contractors, and other public and/or private agencies and organizations
- Research and prepare operations, equipment, policies, procedures, and issue reports
- Act as account manager or single point of contact with customers during project execution
- Read and comprehend drawings, sketches, and contracts
- Use computer estimating programs and accounting software programs
- Ability to travel with occasional overnight for work out-of-area
- Accurate daily time and equipment reporting
What we are proud to offer you:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401K Plan
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Advisor
- Paid Training
- Degree in Construction Engineering, Construction Management, or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Five+ years of experience that directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified in Industrial Piping Projects.
- Strong construction knowledge
- Must have good driving record.
- A contingency for employment will require the successfully passing of a background investigation.
Willing and able to travel to Projects in different states for duration required by project