Search for Jobs:
Mechanical BIM Detailer Ankeny, IA
Mechanical BIM Detailer
Baker Group, the Midwest’s leading provider of critical building infrastructure systems, is expanding the team. Headquartered in Ankeny, Iowa with over 600 employees, Baker Group is the recognized leader in Mechanical, HVAC, Plumbing, Piping, Sheet Metal, Electrical, Automation, Access Control, Security Cameras, Parking Revenue Control and Fire Alarm design and construction of highly technical, special-use buildings such as; hospitals, educational facilities, corporate office buildings, data centers, industrial facilities, and research laboratories. Please visit our website at www.thebakergroup.com to learn more about our company and other open positions we may have available.
Create and develop relationships supportive of the Baker Group mission statement with employees, internal and external customers.
A significant responsibility of this position is 3D Modeling. The BIM Detailer will partner with the construction team to coordinate and clash model content. Using the coordinated model, the BIM Detailer will produce spool, installation and identification drawings. The BIM Detailer also reviews completed work, which involves checking for errors and checking against contract documents.
In this role, the BIM Detailer also can be expected to spend a minimal amount of time in meetings, providing status updates to Project Managers, detailing team lead, and other team members.
The BIM Detailer may be required to attend training classes, review new software, and share learning with peers to ensure that all stay current with new products, production tools, industry trends and practices.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
The following duties are typical for this job. These are not to be constructed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Provide 3D BIM drawing models for Plumbing and Mechanical piping systems
• Produce spool sheets and shop drawings for fabrication and field installation
• Coordinate piping and plumbing systems with other trades
• A thorough understating of Pluming, Piping and HVAC systems.
• Problem solve with peers and teammates to ensure constructability.
• Effectively communicate with project managers, project engineers and other team members during the construction process.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401K Plan
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Advisor
- Paid Training
- Minimum 5 years in the plumbing and steam fitting apprenticeship
- Many years (5+ years) of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Organization and communication skills
- Knowledge of plumbing and HVAC piping systems
- Computer skills
- Problem solving and leadership skills
- Able to multi-task
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD MEP
- Must be proficient in Revit
- Must be proficient in Navisworks
- Ability to read construction documents, product literature, specifications and cut sheets.
- Mechanical aptitude and good math skills
- Work well with design teams and field personnel
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- Have an understanding of plumbing design