Search for Jobs:
Industrial Automation Technician Ankeny, IA
Industrial Automation Technician
Baker Group, the Midwest’s leading provider of critical building infrastructure systems, is expanding the team. Headquartered in Ankeny, Iowa with over 600 employees, Baker Group is the recognized leader in Mechanical, HVAC, Plumbing, Piping, Sheet Metal, Electrical, Automation, Access Control, Security Cameras, Parking Revenue Control and Fire Alarm design and construction of highly technical, special-use buildings such as; hospitals, educational facilities, corporate office buildings, data centers, industrial facilities, and research laboratories. Please visit our website at www.thebakergroup.com to learn more about our company and other open positions we may have available.
As a member of the Baker Group team, the Industrial Automation Technician will report to either the Installation Supervisor, Team Leader, or Operations Manager, and will be responsible for supporting our Project Managers with creating, installing, and commissioning of PLC/HMI based systems as well as network and device integration work.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Project start up, programming, and commissioning of new PLC/HMI control systems. Service and maintenance of existing installations; including fault diagnoses, hardware repairs, and programming bug fixes and alterations.
- Provide technical support on company sponsored products to customers and other company technicians.
- Diagnose and resolve technical problems on jobs and provide appropriate reports to project management.
- Attend project turnover meeting with project manager to gain knowledge of the estimate and project scope.
- Organize and maintain the control submittal project redlines and submit to the design engineer at the end of the project for as built drawing creation.
- Participate in job site final walk-throughs on assigned jobs, complete all job closeout documentation and provide customer training.
- Work with other technicians to develop and share technical solutions.
- Actively participate in technician training to maintain technical expertise on new products, tools, and integration through continuing education initiatives.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401K Plan
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Advisor
- Paid Training
- Demonstrable knowledge of at least one PLC product line software such as Rockwell RSLogix or Modicon Unity Pro.
- Demonstrable knowledge of at least one HMI product line software such as Rockwell FactoryTalk or Wonderware InTouch.
- Knowledge of common Windows Office applications.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL or other database applications preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of Ethernet and serial network communication formats and hardware configurations.
- Understanding of basic process controls such as PID control loops, motor control, and commissioning of digital and analog measurement devices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written.
- A contingency for employment will require the successful passing of a background investigation.