Search for Jobs:
BMS (Building Management Systems) Manager Altoona, IA
BMS (Building Management Systems) Manager
Turner Constructions offers a wide range of construction services including general contracting, construction management, renovation, design-build, consulting, virtual design and construction, and the most comprehensive preconstruction services in the local market. Turner offers the stability, and resources of a multi-national organization with the flexibility, attention, and creativity of a local firm.
To apply for open positions visit www.turnerconstruction.com
Position Description: Oversee and direct preconstruction, engineering and field installation of the Building Management System. Data Center or Complex Building Controls Systems experience is a requirement. BMS Experience to include Environmental and Electrical monitoring and controls.
Large scale Data Center, Healthcare or Pharmaceutical experience
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
- Manage all activities associated with the Building Management System Scope of Work.
- Provide Leadership at the Project Level, Trade Partners, owner’s consultants and representatives to ensure optimal alignment and efficient systems installation.
- Know in detail all BMS/EPMS contracts and scopes. Understand the delineation between packages and responsibilities.
- Work with MEP Engineers to complete system responsibility matrix of all MEP systems. Confirm and Coordinate all BMS/EPMS installation details between equipment and inter-related systems. Including but not limited to: Electrical Power Quality/monitoring, Building Management Systems.
- Assist in preparation and manage the controls related Owner Furnished Contractor Installed (OFCI) contract items list for all components, materials, and systems to ensure that all Required On Job (ROJ) dates are in compliance with the project schedule with the appropriate approvals.
- Assure the implementation of the Site Specific Safety Plan with all trade partners.
- Manage the Building Management System (BMS)/Electrical Power Monitoring System (EPMS) submittals and shop drawing review process with assigned engineer and gain approvals from design team. Confirm coordination of submittal and shop drawing information between all controls /MEP subcontractors.
- Facilitate management and execution of the turnover process including start-up, testing, commissioning, closeout, operations and maintenance manuals, securing warranties and guaranties, training, as well as obtaining spare parts and specialty tools that culminate in the successful acceptance of all systems.
- Participate in regular site walks to confirm controls/MEP work is proceeding according to contract documents, coordination drawings, and approved submittals.
- Participate in project schedule update meetings and provide the latest information as required to create and maintain an accurate project schedule.
- Attend Commissioning (Cx)/Start-up Meetings
- Lead BMS/EPMS Coordination Meetings
- Coordinate with Engineer of Record on submittals, RFIs, and cost.
- Coordinate with QAQC team to execute the quality control plan.
- Coordinate field installation with all subs and specifically Design System Integrator (DSI) and Construction Systems Integrator (CSI) contracts.
- Set up and lead low voltage meetings. (Turner, contractors and Client)
- Manage controls QA/QC program with low voltage contractors and track work to complete and punch list.
- Attend Factory Witness Tests on equipment and control systems as needed.
- Follow up with closeout of each phase and final completion of project.
- Assist with the Start Up and Commissioning phase of construction. Attend meetings and keep information flowing to achieve schedules.
- Assist in the management and updating of BIM 360 Equipment Tracking Log specific to those Trade Partners that you have been assigned.
- Maintained a detail log of all lessons learned through the process.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and a minimum of fifteen years of relevant engineering experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience relating to mechanical and electrical systems building controls. Technical expertise and understanding of all mechanical and electrical systems that support the broad array of project types in our portfolio and how they interrelate with each other. Business acumen to plan, manage, and execute all the essential duties with excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational ability, and proficiency with computer applications. Demonstrate the personal attributes of a leader to encourage the development of a high performing team.