Search for Jobs:
Lean Manager Altoona, IA
Turner Constructions offers a wide range of construction services including general contracting, construction management, renovation, design-build, consulting, virtual design and construction, and the most comprehensive preconstruction services in the local market. Turner offers the stability, and resources of a multi-national organization with the flexibility, attention, and creativity of a local firm.
To apply for open positions visit www.turnerconstruction.com
Position Description: Leads and supports at the Business Unit or Project Level efforts which are focused on enhancing customer value, nurturing a learning environment, facilitating continuous improvement processes, and maximizing project team collaboration.
Reports To: General Manager, Operations Manager, or Regional Lean Manager. If assigned to a specific project, reports to the Project Executive or Project Manager. Has a dotted line reporting relationship to Regional Lean Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*: In the areas assigned:
- Change agent implementing strategies that develop and strengthen a lean enterprise culture in alignment with region and company goals and priorities
- Works daily with the team(s) in the utilization of the mechanics of Last Planner® System
- Is a key member of the Business Unit or Project Management team(s) providing insight, direction and strategic alignment to the business
- Utilizing the Launch Matrix, works with project teams to support a successful project launch
- Supports project teams in using Lean Roadmap as a planning tool to achieve project and company goals
- Provides a consistent presence on assigned projects working with each team in setting up Visual Management, the Last Planner® System, 5S, etc.
- Supports development and implementation of local project and BU improvement and innovation initiatives through workshops, training, coaching, etc. to teach and practice lean principles, methods and tools
- Works with Regional Lean Manager and others to share and learn from improvement efforts
- Works with Regional Lean Manager to implement standard work for own activities (LPS coaching, Lean Training, etc.)
- Implements improvement and innovation projects based on direction set by business unit/regional leadership
- Facilitates the establishment of a lean management system and culture
- Develops and conducts standard lean training throughout region as well as supporting national training programs on topics such as: Last Planner® System, lean problem solving & process improvement, lean leadership and culture
- Conducts regular project reviews with the Project Team, Operations Manager, and Regional Lean Manager to review project status, challenges, and opportunities and to establish measurable goals for improvement
- May perform other duties as necessary or assigned Supports project teams in using Lean Roadmap as a learning resource by developing and following a plan to achieve project goals.
- Help project teams learn from the Varience Pareto & PPC tracking and implement changes to increase PPC
- Mentor trades in-field and ensure 5S practices are being observed
- Facilitate Last Planner Boot Camps for trades
- Facilitate Kaizen sessions for process improvements
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of five years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience. Proven written and verbal communication abilities; proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite. Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule. Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills. Preferred Last Planner ® System project experience (alternatively, completed Advancing Lean training program). Preferred general lean knowledge and experience. Preferred experience working with BIM and BIM staff. Curiosity and interest in life-long learning and personal development. Willing to challenge status quo. Change agent who is able to influence others and “lead without authority”. Shows initiative (i.e., self-starter), patience, and perseverance. Has coaching mindset and skills. .
Travel can be extensive at times depending upon project or business unit focus.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor