Search for Jobs:
Commercial Project Manager/Estimator Urbandale, IA
ASI Commercial Construction Services
Commercial Project Manager/Estimator
$Negotiable based on experience and qualifications..
ASI Commercial Construction, Inc. is a full service commercial contractor and construction management firm headquartered in Emmetsburg, Iowa with locations in Clear Lake and Des Moines, Iowa. We provide general contracting services for the nearby communities as well as other regions of Iowa.
Through years of hard work ASI has grown and diversified from agricultural construction into commercial construction management. From commercial to residential we are always dedicated to superior quality and results.
As projects grow more complex the risk involved with their design and construction grow exponentially. ASI Commercial Construction offers a variety of services from start to finish. We offer design-build, pre-construction, general contacting, construction management, to post-construction and everything in between. Let us anticipate the risks and plan corresponding strategic solutions for your project.
This position is responsible for all construction project activities, including estimating/bidding on chosen projects, doing take-offs based on architectural plans/specs, negotiating/buying out subcontracts, coordination of site schedule with sub-contractors and managing all other project estimating activities. As the project manager, you’ll be actively involved and responsible for regular site visits surrounding safety and quality, along with attending regular construction meetings. In addition, this position will utilize a wide array of proven communication skills which can foster positive client relationships to ensure future success with the client.
· Establish both a safe and environmentally friendly working environment at the job site.
· Negotiate and prepare agreements for successful execution of work, including bid packages and contract documents.
· Establish communication procedures, including the appropriate chain of command for all communications for projects and set up an appropriate tracking system for necessary approvals.
· Establish meeting procedures and timetables.
· Ensure project documentation is accurate and coordinated.
· Provide updated progress reports on projects based on client requirements.
· Oversee construction activities, including coordination of Contractors and Owner contracted services and/or products.
· Conduct design coordination meetings, pre-construction meetings, site inspections, punch list meeting and final project closeout.
· Review all requests for information, changes requests, etc. and issue appropriate response.
· Ensure close out package is properly prepared for client.
ASI offers a competitive benefits package.
Preferred Job Requirements
· Four-year degree in Construction Management, Architectural Engineering or extensive commercial construction experience in place of education.
· A minimum of 2 years of experience in either commercial construction project management or commercial construction as a project estimator is preferred.
· Experience in administering contracts and working with sub-contractors preferred.
· Ability to work professionally in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
· Essential to have experience and knowledge in both safety and environmental standards.
· Skills in Microsoft office-Outlook, Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Timberline/Sage Construction estimating software.
· Very team orientated individual with high degree of integrity, initiative, excellent communication skills, creative problem-solving, and strong leadership abilities.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
· 4-year college degree in Civil, Construction Engineering/Construction Management or AA degree in (ACE), architectural, construction, civil, mechanical. Or design drafting, previous drafting, project management or estimating with 2 years’ experience.
· Construction management and field experience required.
· Ability to read construction blueprints and specs.
· Construction estimating experience.
· Capable of organizing and managing multiple projects at any given time.
· Excellent communication skills and ability to develop relationships with general contractors, architects/engineers, subcontractors, and other employees.
· Use written and verbal communication effectively.
Local travel required. Minimal overnight.