Search for Jobs:
Electrical Project Estimating Manager Pleasant Hill, IA
Electrical Project Estimating Manager
Pleasant Hill, IA
$60,000 - $80,000 Base Pay
Burkhead Electric is a well-established electrical contractor serving the Greater Des Moines metro area for over 20 years. We are committed to providing quality work conducted by skilled employees. Our team strives to maintain a professional relationship with its clients and a safe work environment for its team members. We specialize in Residential, Commercial and Industrial electrical service projects relating to new builds, remodels and additions, lighting system installations and more.
Burkhead Electric has an immediate opening for a Full Time Electrical Project Estimating Manager with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the commercial and industrial electrical industry. The Electrical Project Estimating Manager is responsible for reviewing, estimating and preparing electrical quotes and proposals and implementing measures to increase the Company’s effectiveness and efficiency.
Burkhead Electric is a well-established electrical contractor serving the Greater Des Moines metro area for over 20 years. We are committed to providing quality work conducted by skilled employees. Our team strives to maintain a professional relationship with its clients and a safe work environment for its team members.
Responsibilities and Duties included but not limited to:
· Monitor all bid sites for opportunities and obtain plans/specs and updates management team of job opportunities
· Provides bids and estimates for contract, service and design build jobs with accurate budgeting figures for potential jobs
· Manages the submittal process from bidding, document preparation, gathering material certifications and submitting final package to customer
· Reviews plans/specs and budgets with Management team
· Develop job plan for residential, commercial, service and field design jobs
· Requests vendor quotes for required materials, equipment etc. for jobs/ potential jobs
· Build spreadsheets for cost calculations and updates throughout job completion
· Monitors flow of inventory for jobs
· Job Cost and Job projection tracking and reporting – Budget vs. Actual cost analysis
· Site surveys as requested
· Pre-bid, Pre-construction and project update meetings as directed/requested
· Project supervision of assigned projects
· Manage Field work force according to project tasks in assigned timeline
Benefits for this position include medical, dental and vision plans, short and long term disability insurance options, group and voluntary life insurance, and Retirement planning services. Paid time off if also available to Full Time Employees.
Other benefits may include uniform allowance, use of company credit cards, use of company vehicle, tool allowance, tuition reimbursement/assistance, and paid holidays.
The base pay for this position ranges from $60,000 to $80,000 per year. Previous experience, education, certifications may lead to an increased base pay. Bonus incentive pay is available and is determined by project profitability.
· Minimum 5 years in the Electrical / Construction Industry
· Minimum 2 years Project Management Experience or Foreman experience required
· Electrical license preferred
· Field and Design Build experience mandatory
· OSHA 10 card preferred
· Technical and educational background with aptitude for reading, creating and interpreting contracts, drawings and other construction documents specific to project job needs
· Have a safety-first mindset and be familiar with a variety of the electrical field's concepts, practices, best practice, and procedures including the technical ability to understand and interpret Electrical Codes, Life Safety Codes, NFPA, Uniform Building Codes and Lighting Systems where applicable
· Experience and knowledge of electrical applications, permits, electrical maintenance goals, Facility Maintenance Application & PM standards
· Follow company mission, guideline, policies and procedures.
· Professional appearance, positive attitude and motivated work ethic mandatory
· Ability to be hands on when needed to provide project support in the field
· Work as a team player and understand company’s business objectives
· Ability to multitask and self-perform
· Ability to work under various time restrictions and meet multiple needs at once
· Excellent organizational and analytical skills and ability to problem-solve
· Strong verbal and written communication handled in a professional manner to all associates and clients.
· Maintain confidentiality both in and out of the workplace
· Ability to use Microsoft Office products proficiently and learn company specific programs with ease
Travel requirements are primarily in the surrounding area of no more than a 50 miles radius from the main company office location on a weekly basis. Project or job needs may require additional travel and may additional include overnight stays.