Search for Jobs:
Project Manager Cedar Rapids, IA
The Weitz Company
Cedar Rapids, IA
The Weitz Company is one of the oldest general contractors in the United States, specializing in Commercial and Industrial construction projects, supported by a best-in-class Supply Chain business segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
Weitz views employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to the success of the Company. Employees enjoy the ability to build relationships, network and make an impact on our communities. We promise every employee competitive pay and benefits, a safe place to work, a career path supported by training and development opportunities, and a positive work environment. Employees are encourage to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way!
The Weitz Industrial business unit is accepting applications for a Project Manager, to be located in the Cedar Rapids, IA, office. Candidates must have project management and estimating experience in the industrial construction industry.
The Project Manager is responsible for profitably managing all administrative and field construction activities related to assigned Industrial construction projects. The Project Manager will provide leadership and directions to superintendents overseeing field personnel including self-performing work, subcontractors, and clients for both plant service/maintenance work and capital project work.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Complete cost or budget estimates for the work to be performed
- Strong understanding of self-perform work including: equipment installation (millwright), structural steel, and concrete and piping installation
- Ability to understand client needs and provide solutions where necessary
- Create and manage project schedule
- Other duties as assigned
- Business travel may be required
BUILD A BETTER WAY // The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. The Company is a drug and alcohol free workplace.
- 401K with company match
- Basic life insurance-AD & D
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Paid holidays
- Company discount programs with Dell, General Electric, Verizon, Whirlpool, etc.
- Educational assistance
Many more as well!
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each previously stated duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability necessary to succeed in this role.
- Education: An industry-related college degree is required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience: At least five (5) years’ extensive experience in the Industrial construction industry is required, including project management involvement. Candidate should have experience managing others with a proven history of leading, teaching, developing and mentoring successfully. Experience in a fast-paced business environment is helpful, especially with shutdowns, turnarounds and outages.
- Skills: Business acumen, judgment, communication, solid leadership, client relations, negotiation, project management, solid construction knowledge, decision-making, conflict resolution, tact, adaptable and analytical abilities are all necessary skills for a Project Manager.
- Technology: Candidate should be proficient in Procore, Prolog, P6, or similar project management/scheduling software. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required. Training will be provided on company standards.
Business travel may be required.