Search for Jobs:
Project Engineer I-Industrial Construction Cedar Rapids, IA
The Weitz Company
Project Engineer I-Industrial Construction
Cedar Rapids, IA
The Weitz Company is one of the oldest general contractors in the United States, specializing in Commercial and Industrial construction projects, supported by a best-in-class Supply Chain business segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
Weitz views employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to the success of the Company. Employees enjoy the ability to build relationships, network and make an impact on our communities. We promise every employee competitive pay and benefits, a safe place to work, a career path supported by training and development opportunities, and a positive work environment. Employees are encourage to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way!
The Weitz Industrial business unit is accepting applications for a Project Engineer, to be located in the Cedar Rapids, IA, office. Candidates must have previous internship and/or or project management/estimating experience in the industrial construction industry.
The Project Engineer performs administrative and office engineering functions for assigned Industrial construction projects. The Project Engineer assists the Project Managers and Superintendents in project planning, buyout, project management and close out procedures for both plant service/maintenance work and capital project work.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand self-perform work including: equipment installation (millwright), structural steel, and concrete and piping installation
- Prepare overall project schedule with input from the project superintendent and the project manager; updated as needed
- Participate in cost reporting and updating
- Obtain contract drawings, specifications, and other pertinent information necessary for the completion of the project and distribute copies to the project manager, superintendent, material suppliers, and subcontractors as needed
- Request, receive, and tabulate bids as directed
- Review project documents for any changes that save money or improve the overall quality of the project
- Other duties as assigned
- Some Business travel may be required
Benefits include the following:
- 401K with company match
- Basic life insurance-AD & D
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Paid holidays
- Company discount programs with Dell, General Electric, Verizon, Whirlpool, etc.
- Educational assistance
Many more as well!
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each previously stated duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability necessary to succeed in this role.
- Education: An industry-related college degree is required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience: Previous construction internship experience and/or at least one year experience in the Industrial construction industry. Experience in a fast-paced business environment is helpful, especially with shutdowns, turnarounds and outages.
- Skills: Good engineering and construction skills are important. Business acumen, judgment, communication, client relations, negotiation, project management, solid construction knowledge, decision-making, conflict resolution, tact, time management, adaptable and analytical abilities are all necessary skills for a Project Engineer.
- Technology: Must be proficient in basic computer software programs such as Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Powerpoint, Excel), and must be able to learn project management software (JDE, Procore, Asta, Bluebeam, etc.).
BUILD A BETTER WAY // The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. The Company is a drug and alcohol free workplace.
Some business travel may be required.