Search for Jobs:
Structural Steel Detailer/Drafter Winterset, IA
Parker Welding & Fabrication, Inc.
Structural Steel Detailer/Drafter
$Based on Experience
Parker Welding & Fabrication, Inc. is a central Iowa AISC certified fabricator that and has been in business for over 40 years. We specialize in the fabrication of structural steel - beams, columns, trusses, bracing, bollards, lintels, etc...as well as stairs, rails, and ladders. We have the ability to furnish grating, joists, decking and all other miscellaneous steel needed for a new building or the remodel of an existing building. Galvanizing, anodized aluminum and powder coating are all available. Parker Welding maintains an in-house detailing department that uses modeling software technology to deliver quality drawings to our customers exacting standards. Electronically transmitting drawings allows for faster turn-around and once the drawings are approved by our customers, fabrication can be put on our schedule for on-time delivery.
Detailer/drafters will develop an accurate set of working drawings to be used to fabricate and erect commercial, residential and/or industrial projects. Detailer/Drafters are responsible for creating preliminary and final shop drawings, fabrication drawings, and erection drawings per plans that meet client specifications.
Detailer/drafters will develop an accurate set of working drawings to be used to fabricate and erect commercial, residential and/or industrial projects.
- Prepare drawings per specifications for structural and miscellaneous steel including stairs, railings, and miscellaneous metals
- Check drawings for accuracy
- Maintain a working knowledge of construction and fabrication means and methods, weld symbols, etc…
- Maintain knowledge of AISC requirements
- Maintain knowledge of current building codes and regulations
Please submit a cover letter with salary requirements and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or come in to our office at 721 E Lane Street, Winterset IA to apply in person. Office hours are Monday - Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Hospital Indemnification Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Direct Deposit
- Flex Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program.
Must have experience detailing/drafting structural and miscellaneous steel with 3-D modeling software. AutoCAD and/or SDS2 software knowledge a plus.
- Experience in 3-D software (SDS2 not required, but helpful)
- Experience using AutoCAD not required but helpful
- Strong math skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to read and interpret structural and architectural drawings
- Time management
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently
No travel required.