Search for Jobs:
Structural Steel Estimator Winterset, IA
Parker Welding & Fabrication, Inc.
Structural Steel Estimator
$Based on Experience
Parker Welding & Fabrication, Inc. is a central Iowa AISC certified fabricator that and has been in business for over 40 years. We specialize in the fabrication of structural steel - beams, columns, trusses, bracing, bollards, lintels, etc...as well as stairs, rails, and ladders. We have the ability to furnish grating, joists, decking and all other miscellaneous steel needed for a new building or the remodel of an existing building. Galvanizing, anodized aluminum and powder coating are all available. Parker Welding maintains an in-house detailing department that uses modeling software technology to deliver quality drawings to our customers exacting standards. Electronically transmitting drawings allows for faster turn-around and once the drawings are approved by our customers, fabrication can be put on our schedule for on-time delivery.
Estimator will be responsible for preparing a complete estimate, evaluating bid specifications and requirements to assure they are met. This position requires working with the Project Manager, Purchasing and Detailing department to assure jobs awarded are completed properly.
- Prepare work to be estimated by gathering blueprints, specifications and all related documents needed. This will be for new projects and change orders for existing contracts.
- Read and interpret job bid requirements and specifications to prepare estimate.
- Prepare an all-inclusive material take-off from the documents and identify labor needed to complete the project, including buy-out items. Collaborate with others to ensure overall accuracy.
- Assist purchasing department in pricing material for proposals.
- Prepare bids that fit the scope of the job for each project.
- Develop and maintain customer, vendor and subcontractor relationships.
- Work in a timely manner to insure work and completion dates/deadlines are met.
- Set and update schedule of estimates to complete.
- Contact customers to check on jobs awarded.
Please submit a cover letter including salary requirements and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or come in to our office at 721 E Lane Street, Winterset, IA to apply in person. Office hours are Monday - Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability, Life Insurance
- Hospital Indemnification Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Direct Deposit
- Flex Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program.
Must have experience in estimating projects - doesn't have to be structural steel experience. Must be able to read blueprints and project specifications to gather all information needed for a complete estimation of material needed to complete each project.
- Strong math skills
- Estimating experience
- Structural and Miscellaneous steel fabrication knowledge helpful
- Attention to detail, Communication – written and verbal
- Time managemen
- Ability to work independently
- Critical thinking, Organizational skills
- Experience using FabTrol software a plus but not required
- Ability to read, interpret and understand blueprints
No travel required.