Search for Jobs:
Project Engineer Des Moines, IA
The Weitz Company
Des Moines, IA
The Weitz Company is one of the oldest general contractors in the United States, specializing in Commercial and Industrial construction projects, supported by a best-in-class Supply Chain business segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
Weitz views employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to the success of the Company. Employees enjoy the ability to build relationships, network and make an impact on our communities. We promise every employee competitive pay and benefits, a safe place to work, a career path supported by training and development opportunities, and a positive work environment. Employees are encourage to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way!
The Project Engineer II performs administrative and office engineering functions for an assigned project site. This individual will assist with project planning, buyout, project management and close out procedures.
- Support the business unit safety program
- Assist with preparing the project safety plan
- Participate in cost reporting and updating
- Obtain contract drawings, specifications, and other pertinent information necessary for the completion of the project and distribute copies as needed
- Prepare and update overall project schedule with input from the project superintendent and the project manager
- Request, receive, and tabulate bids as directed
- Negotiate assigned subcontracts, purchase orders, and draft agreements
- Obtain, review, approve, and process all shop drawings and product submittals
- Stay abreast of delivery dates and inform the project manager and superintendent of changes that may impact the project schedule
- Review project documents for any cost-saving or quality changes
- Assist with preparation of periodic owner status reports as required
- Adhere to all company policies, standards, procedures and core values
- Other duties and projects assigned
BUILD A BETTER WAY
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. The Company is a drug and alcohol free workplace.
- 401(k) Match
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness - Cancer Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- And many others!
- Education: Industry related college degree is required.
- Experience: A minimum of two years of project management construction experience.
- Skills: Good engineering and construction management skills are important. Individual must have good communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with the owner, architect, and internal project team. A high level of integrity is required. Good time management and project organization skills are essential.
- Technology: Must be proficient in basic computer software programs such as Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Work, PowerPoint, Excel), and must be able to learn project management software (JDE, Procore, Asta, Bluebeam, etc.).
- Travel is dependent on candidate's interest; Opportunities for heavy and light travel.