Search for Jobs:
Project Coordinator Des Moines, IA
The Weitz Company
Des Moines, IA
The Weitz Company is one of the oldest general contractors in the United States, specializing in Commercial and Industrial construction projects, supported by a best-in-class Supply Chain business segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
Weitz views employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to the success of the Company. Employees enjoy the ability to build relationships, network and make an impact on our communities. We promise every employee competitive pay and benefits, a safe place to work, a career path supported by training and development opportunities, and a positive work environment. Employees are encourage to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way!
The Project Coordinator is responsible for document management, project accounting and project administration on assigned projects. This role will maintain open communication between office and field personnel to ensure all project tasks get accomplished in a timely and accurate manner.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Verify insurance requirements and subcontractor agreements are in place prior to commencement of work
- Maintain construction documents and permits
- Assist with project set up
- Prepare and distribute meeting minutes
- Provide administrative support to the project team as requested (i.e. sort mail, file, data entry, proofread, format)
- Review subcontractor pay applications for accuracy, track lien waivers, ensure payment
- Provide assistance with various processes (i.e. pre-qualifications, invoices, change orders)
- Perform other duties as assigned
BUILD A BETTER WAY
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. The Company is a drug and alcohol free workplace.
- 401(k) Match
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness - Cancer Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- And many others!
- Education: High School Diploma is required; Associate’s Degree in an applicable field is preferred.
- Experience: At least two (2) years’ of administrative experience is required; experience within the construction industry is preferred. Experience in a fast-paced business environment is helpful.
- Skills: Strong team leadership skills, flexibility to coordinate multiple projects, good time management and project organization skills are all necessary skills for a Project Coordinator.
- Technology: Candidate should have experience with or be able to learn specific project management and scheduling software (ex: JDE, Procore, Bluebeam, Asta). Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required. Training will be provided on company standards.
- Light travel requirements