Search for Jobs:
PreConstruction Manager Des Moines, IA
The Weitz Company
Des Moines, IA
The Weitz Company is one of the oldest general contractors in the United States, specializing in Commercial and Industrial construction projects, supported by a best-in-class Supply Chain business segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
Weitz views employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to the success of the Company. Employees enjoy the ability to build relationships, network and make an impact on our communities. We promise every employee competitive pay and benefits, a safe place to work, a career path supported by training and development opportunities, and a positive work environment. Employees are encourage to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way!
The PreConstruction Manager sets small to medium-sized projects up for success through delivery of preconstruction services. Value should be provided to customers by leading the project team, predicting cost and schedule, advocating for owners and seamlessly transitioning preconstruction services to the operations team. This role will provide oversight and leadership to assigned internal employees.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for accuracy of all estimating, scheduling, strategy and communication throughout preconstruction process
- Review all estimates for accuracy, detail and expectations
- Review weekly preconstruction process to ensure progress is on schedule; initiate changes to remain on schedule; advise leadership of issues that may pose a cost or schedule impact
- Coordinate building systems and schedules with the operations team to plan and budget for safety
- Make decisions in a timely manner; understand when to involve upper management in decisions; assess level of risk and consequences associated
- Collaborate with operations, business development, preconstruction team members and other stakeholders to ensure projects are turned over for success with the expected level of profitability
- Understand the clients’ needs to manage the process efficiently, ensure timely completion, understand local logistics/subcontractor and supplier market, and how BIM/LEED/LEAN can be best utilized
- Adhere to all company policies, standards, and procedures
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Business travel may be required
- 401(k) Match
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness - Cancer Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- And many others!
- Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in a construction related field is preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience: A minimum of four (4) years’ experience of estimating and/or project management in a construction field is required. Proven history of leading, teaching, developing and mentoring others successfully.
- Skills: Independent judgment, business acumen, judgment, client relations, negotiation, decision making, conflict resolution, problem solving, effective internal and external communication, project management, team leadership, tact, adaptability and analytical abilities are all necessary skills for a PreConstruction Manager.
- Technology: Proficiency with operating systems and basic computer software programs such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook. Employee must have experience with onscreen takeoffs and the ability to learn other specific software.
- Light travel requirements, mainly around the Des Moines, IA, area.