Search for Jobs:
Software Technician Des Moines, IA
Control Installations of Iowa Inc.
Des Moines, IA
$Commensurate with experience
Control Installations of Iowa, Inc. designs, installs, and services building control systems. This includes comfort controls, security, lighting, access entry, and specialized control systems.
Program and test systems within scope of assigned projects. Troubleshoot, maintain, and program controls for customers. Integrate third party systems for seamless user interface.
- Assist in installing, programming, and testing systems, servers, workstations, etc.
- Program and commission Local DDC I/O, network controllers, and the BAS front end (GUI) software
- Software integration with 3rd party systems/equipment, such as BACnet, LON, and Modbus that communicates with chillers, boilers, VFD’s, generators, Rooftop Units (RTU’s), VRF’s, and FAS systems
- Participates in onsite walk-throughs and customer demonstration/ training
- Maintain documentation necessary for future troubleshooting
- Respond to requests for user updates, reports, and issues
- Assist Project Managers with job bids and project quotes, provide progress reports
- Respond to service calls in regards to customer issues
- Troubleshoot and resolve any problems with controls
- Provide first class customer service while working to resolve issues
- Maintain training and/or certification to ensure up-to-date on latest technology
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates degree in Programming, Building Automation Systems (BAS), Electronics, Engineering, or equivalent job experience in the controls industry
- Must have valid drivers license to go to different job sites
- Strong understanding of commercial building mechanical and electrical operations