Search for Jobs:
Project Superintendent Waterloo, IA
Cardinal Construction Inc.
$25-$35/ Hour. Commensurate with experience.
As the current operating entity of a general contracting firm dating to 1895, Cardinal Construction, Inc. retains its status as a full-service contractor with offerings that run the gamut from competitive hard bid, to negotiated GMP, to design-build, and on through to construction management. Serving clients throughout northeast and eastern Iowa, Cardinal specializes in industrial, institutional, and commercial construction.
Cardinal Construction is seeking a full-time Project Superintendent. The Project Superintendent's responsibility is to supervise the field construction of a project and to complete the work safely; on schedule, within budget, and to the quality of workmanship specified. The Project Superintendent is a leader in creating a positive environment on the jobsite to foster continuous learning and improvement. The Project Superintendent is also responsible for assisting field team members in their continued development through mentoring and on-the-job teaching and training.
Responsibilities and Duties Include:
- Manage the day-to-day field activities of a jobsite to ensure project milestone dates and overall schedule is met. Schedule labor, equipment, subcontractors and materials accordingly.
- Create daily reports to document jobsite conditions.
- Communicate regularly via phone, email and in-person with all project team members (both internal and external).
- Read and discern project documents including blueprints, and communicate pertinent information to field team members.
- Take part in scheduled project/jobsite meetings.
- Delegate tasks to Cardinal Construction field team staff members, based upon their skills and experience. Demonstrate tasks when necessary.
- Coordinate the work of multiple subcontractors on jobsite. Verify work is comleted per contract scope and to specification.
- Manage resources, tools and equipment on assigned jobsite.
- Maintain and clean and organized jobsite.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal laws.
- Maintain and comply with federal and state laws and company policies, procedures and standards for safety.
- Coordinate required inspections in conjunction with assigned Project Manager.
- Identify and complete punchlist items in a timely manner.
- Maintain records for as-build drawings.
- Utilize HH2 Remote Payroll to record employee time for weekly payroll.
- Deliver appropriate disciplinary measures when appropriate, per company policies and procedures.
Individuals in this role must be able to:
- Provide direction and resolve issues and/or disputes among all project stakeholders.
- Identify incomplete or incorrect work in place.
- Utilize a computer and/or cellphone for communications.
- Have advanced knowledge of and skill in blueprint reading.
Cardinal Construction is dedicated to developing trust-based partnerships through integrity, exceptional workmanship and service. For more than 120 years, we’ve helped clients build, expand and renovate their businesses to keep up with the changing marketplace. Located in Waterloo, Iowa, we provide general construction, construction management and design-build services to clients throughout the state. Our primary markets include senior living, education, commercial, industrial and healthcare.
As a general contractor, our skilled team performs minor excavation, concrete foundations and flatwork, rough and finish carpentry, and steel erection. For all other building components, we have established relationships with local and regional subcontractors and suppliers that share our commitment to integrity, quality workmanship and service.
Our People-First Culture
We believe our people are our strongest asset and greatest resource to our Clients. Whether in the field of office, each person’s knowledge, experience and attitude impacts our success as an organization.
Through programs like on-the-job training, paid training, promotion from within and performance coaching, we strive to provide opportunities for personal and professional development at all levels of our organization. We also enjoy time together as a company through a number of events held throughout the year. Examples include company picnics, holiday celebrations, Cardinal Night at the Ballpark, Milestone Celebrations, and more.
Our people-first culture extends to all aspects of our business including employee benefits. We offer a competitive benefits package that include
- Healthcare Plan
- Flexible Spending Plan
- 401(k) Match
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Training
- Power-Tool Leasing Program
- Tuition Coverage
We believe in working hard and doing everything we can to ensure positive experiences for all of our clients. To that end, we invest in our team members, so they gain the skills, experiences and tools necessary for success.
- Minimum of 3 years' commercial construction supervision experience on projects with a construction budget of $1 million or higher.
- OSHA 30 Hour Certification
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certification
- Thorough knowledge and expertise of the construction process.
- Physical stamina sufficient to perform construction-related activities including, but not limited to: lifting and carrying a minimum of fifty (50) pounds; repelated pounding, standing, bending, stooping, climbing in and around equipment, and up and down ladders throughout daily work shifts.
- A valid driver's license.
Minimum travel is expected for this position, however, may be necessary depending on jobsite locations. Travel by motor vehicle to jobsites is required. Any travel will take place primarily in the state of Iowa and will typically involve same day travel only. Overnight travel will be infrequent.