Search for Jobs:
Assistant Superintendent West Des Moines, IA
Hubbell Construction Services LLC
West Des Moines, IA
As an experienced and award-winning general contractor and a partner to one of the region’s largest developers, Hubbell Construction Services has earned a reputation of expertise and performance.
Throughout Central Iowa, our team has overseen construction and management of small boutique stores, hotel rehabilitations, medical offices, senior living, industrial and warehouse facilities, major apartment multifamily construction, and office space.
Our experienced team delivers top-flight general contracting, construction management, LEED consulting and design-build services because we know successful projects begin with well-grounded relationships between a builder and the client. That's why we focus on your needs, wants and aspirations from the very beginning.
Position Title: Assistant Commercial Construction Project Superintendent
Department: Hubbell Construction Services, LLC
Reports To: Project Manager and Project Superintendent
Duties and Responsibilities
This position will be responsible for the direct supervision of smaller commercial projects and may be assigned to assist the project superintendent on larger commercial projects.
- Planning for, scheduling, tracking, managing and motivating multiple subcontractors and suppliers for the project assigned.
- Responsible for scheduling, interfacing and promoting good relationships with project owners, building officials, architects, engineers and project service providers.
- Responsible for ensuring that all construction activities meet master project schedule milestones by developing, preparing and maintaining a two-week, short-interval construction activity schedule.
- Responsible to ensure that all craftsman and visitors to the project work site comply without exception to all OSHA, federal, state, municipal and project specific regulatory safety requirements to ensure and provide the safest working environment for all project members and visitors.
- Upholds safe working conditions and preventative safety measures.
- Responsible for coordinating and facilitating weekly safety meetings with all sub-contractors.
- Responsible for project quality control and testing agencies.
- Layout and verification of layout elevations and material utilization for all subcontractors.
- Timely and profitable completion of assigned projects.
- Timely review and approval of subcontractor requisitions and invoices.
- Maintains positive working environment for entire site team.
- Reviews and coordinates shop drawings, samples and spec sheets per supervisor.
- Ensures compliance and enforcement of safety program at all times.
- Maintains adequate supervision of subcontractors.
- Attends required corporate meetings, training programs and seminars.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or construction engineering desired.
- Three years of project superintendent experience on projects ranging from $100,000 to $2M.
- CPM scheduling using Sure Track Software (helpful, not required.)
- Comprehensive knowledge of commercial building construction activities.
- Ability to work well with diverse groups of people.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret plans, specifications and shop drawings.
- Ability to manage on-site personnel.
- Ability to provide assigned personnel with positive work environment, growth and training.
- General knowledge of AIA contract documents.
- Ability to interact professionally with all parties associated with project.
- Working knowledge of material control.
- Working knowledge of all construction trades, including surveying and engineering procedures.
- General knowledge of Timberline cost accounting system, company policies and procedures.