Search for Jobs:
Construction Worker Ames, IA
Story Construction Co.
$Based on Experience
Story Construction Co. is an employee-owned Merit-Shop general contractor with over 70 years of experience. Story offers a full range of services and delivery methods including general construction, design-build, construction management, and Butler pre-engineered buildings. Story has complete design-build capabilities with licensed architects on staff. Markets include manufacturing/warehousing/distribution facilities; food processing; water and wastewater treatment plants; educational facilities; healthcare facilities; churches and senior living facilities.
About Story Construction Co.:
As innovators in the construction field for the past 85 years, we’re constantly seeking ways to improve the process of building… in a brick-and-mortar sense and a people sense.
We are passionate about the construction process because we are builders at heart. We are in a rewarding business, in the finest region of our country, doing meaningful work. If you have a desire to be part of an employee-owned company that appreciates and encourages teamwork as well as the unique contributions of intelligent individuals, we’d love to hear from you.
Successful Construction Workers are team players who take responsibility and pride in the quality of their work. They also work in a manner that helps to create a safe and healthy job site. As Safety on the job is very important at Story Construction Co., all Construction Workers are required to use and wear protective or safety equipment needed to safely perform their job.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- The construction worker may complete the following tasks independently or as a part of a team
- Concrete Work including: Slab-On-Grade Systems, Concrete Walls, & Concrete Floor Systems
- Concrete Floor Systems
- Structural Steel & Metal Building Erection
- Reinforcing Steel Installation
- Interior Process Pipe Installation
- Carpentry (Rough & Finish)
- Underground Pipe Installation
- Operation/Maintenance of Construction Small Machinery, Equipment and Tools
- Additional duties as assigned
The Construction Worker will work in conditions of repetitive movement, bending or twisting, and using hands to lift, push, carry, handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The Construction Worker lifts heavy objects, walks and stands for long periods of time, and performs strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
Some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected. Construction Workers are assigned to job sites located across the state.
Benefits For Full-time Construction Workers Include:
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Leave
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Company-paid Term Life Insurance, AD&D
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Plans
- 401(k) (100% immediately vested company match)
- Travel Per Diem
- Safety Boot and prescription safety glasses reimbursement
Story Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Story Construction is a Drug-Free Workplace
Story Construction participates in E-Verify
Travel required to and from the assigned job site. Depending on the jobsite location, overnight travel may be required.