Search for Jobs:
Senior Mechanical Project Manager Ankeny, IA
Senior Mechanical Project Manager
Baker Group, the Midwest’s leading provider of critical building infrastructure systems, is expanding the team. Headquartered in Ankeny, Iowa with over 600 employees, Baker Group is the recognized leader in Mechanical, HVAC, Plumbing, Piping, Sheet Metal, Electrical, Automation, Access Control, Security Cameras, Parking Revenue Control and Fire Alarm design and construction of highly technical, special-use buildings such as; hospitals, educational facilities, corporate office buildings, data centers, industrial facilities, and research laboratories. Please visit our website at www.thebakergroup.com to learn more about our company and other open positions we may have available.
Create and develop relationships supportive of the Baker Group mission statement with employees, internal and external customers. Under limited supervision, manages and administers the construction and delivery of new projects, to include contract preparation, on-site coordination, quality control, and all aspects of contract management.
Manage material, manpower, and processes of mechanical projects. Purchase material, schedule work, estimate change orders, and contract sub-contractors. Executes assigned equipment projects and ensures that assigned projects are executed profitably, accurately, on-time, within the scope of the contract, and in alignment with customer expectations. Maintain and grow the “Customer for Life” concept for existing and new customers.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Vacation Time
- Personal Time
- Paid Holidays
- 401K Plan
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Advisor
- Paid Training
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
The following duties are typical for this job. These are not to be constructed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Continue developing relationships with existing customers and pursue opportunities which provide long-term customer relationships and revenue opportunities
- Capable of leading a team of other professionals including project managers, designers and project engineers
- Participate in the planning and formulation of design alternatives and solutions for major construction projects; provide conceptual estimates, feasibility studies, and cost estimates, and may coordinate the production of basic design plans and construction documents
- Develop and administer project budgets and fiscal controls, contracts, and quality control provisions; perform project cost estimating and value engineering, as appropriate
- Oversee all aspects of the day-to-day management of construction projects; monitor and coordinate work performed by architectural, engineering, and construction firms
- Review and interpret proposed designs, architectural drawings, and building specifications for appropriateness to required function and/or institutional standard, and initiates revisions where appropriate; advise consultants and clients as to how best to achieve required results o Ensure that project operations are in compliance with design specifications
- Establish performance and delivery criteria, ensuring that client requirements are being met; prepare project specifications, and coordinates procurement, as appropriate
- Authorize the issuance of contracts, purchase orders, and change orders, and approve contractor invoices for payment o Direct work sequencing to expedite project delivery and to minimize disruption of ongoing institutional operations
- Inspect, approve, and accept completed projects for the company, ensuring conformance building and life safety codes, and architectural/engineering specifications
- Represent the company in business with customers, consultants, contractors, and other public and/or private agencies and organizations
- Research and prepare various reports pertaining to operations, equipment, policies, procedures, and/or other issues, as appropriate
- Act as the account manager or single point of contact with customers during project execution o Estimating mechanical pipe work
- Read and comprehend drawings, sketches, and contracts
- Use computer estimating programs and accounting software programs
- Must be flexible
- Must have construction knowledge
- Accurate daily time and equipment reporting
- Degree in Construction Engineering, Construction Management, or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience OR o 15 years (minimum) of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Must have good driving record.
- A contingency for employment will require the successfully passing of a background investigation.
Mental and Physical Competencies required to perform essential functions:
- Good vision and hearing o Organization and communication skills
- Knowledge of contract language o Crisis management skills as well as personal management skills
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Computer skills
- Problem solving and leadership skills
- Able to multi-task
- Moderately exposed to unusual elements and may require moderate physical activity
- Normal office conditions o Exposure to weather, heat, cold
- Wet &/or humid
- Exposure to dust/fumes
- Noise intensity – Loud o Exposure to toxic/caustic chemicals
- In proximity to moving mechanical parts
- Exposure to electrical shock
- Working in high/exposed places
Baker Group offers a competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment. Wage is dependent on experience. APPLY TODAY!
Baker Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All positions are contingent upon successfully completing a drug test.
Degree in Construction Engineering, Construction Management, or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience OR o 15 years (minimum) of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified