Search for Jobs:
Foreman Ames, IA
Henkel Construction Co.
Henkel Construction Company, the second oldest construction company in Iowa, builds healthcare, commercial, industrial, retail, institutional and heavy-highway projects. Projects range in value from $500,000 to $30 million. Half of our work is design-build or construction management and the other half is competitively bid.
Our goal is to be the Owner’s choice for construction services based on our professionalism, performance, dedication, and teamwork. We are committed to our employees and do our best to provide them with safe working environments where new ideas and growth are encouraged. In addition, we are dedicated to community service, as a company and as individuals.
We were awarded the top safety awards from Master Builders of Iowa/Iowa OSHA. Henkel received the Outstanding Safety Achievement Award, Safety Professional Award, and Safety Champion award. In addition Henkel Construction was the winner of Master Builders of Iowa Masters Award for projects $5 million to $10 million.
The Field Foreman is a “working foreman” who actively participates in work on project, supervises field crew, and is responsible for the completion of all projects in a safe and timely manner, utilizing the highest quality of workmanship.
- Maintain status as OSHA “Competent Person”.
- Possess valid First Aid Certification and be able to articulate the relevant safety regulations for the work being performed.
- Know and comply with the Company’s safety rules/policies and OSHA regulations, including hazardous communication, fall protection plan, confined space program, and any other project or site specific safety requirements.
- Model safe work practices, including wearing of personal protective devices. Report to Project Manager any safety violations by crew members.
- Oversee field crew to ensure correct methods of construction are employed and strict adherence to safety rules/regulations.
- Determine qualifications of new hires and advise Project Manager and/or Superintendent of additional training needs. Assign new hires to job site mentor for one-on-one training in Henkel Construction’s construction methods and proper use of safety equipment. Keep written notes of observations and progress. Submit to Project Manager periodically.
- In absence of Field Superintendent, conduct weekly “Toolbox Talks” on assigned subjects.
- Together with Field Superintendent, if any, take responsibility for recognizing and correcting any unsafe conditions that may exist or occur on the job site. This includes assisting with job site inspections conducted at the Company’s request. Follow through with any directions for abatement of any noted unsafe condition or hazard. Always report to your supervisor any unabated unsafe condition.
- Together with the Project Manager and/or Superintendent, look ahead, organize, and coordinate work schedules of all subcontractors on the project.
- In absence of Field Superintendent, plan for job equipment, material, and personnel needs as far in advance as possible.
- Attend all project related meetings/events, including weekly job site meetings with all relevant subcontractors and others, groundbreaking ceremonies, and public openings of completed projects, as assigned.
- Attend all scheduled supervisory meetings as assigned.
- Attend all training classes and seminars as assigned, including those held in other geographic locations.
- In absence of Field Superintendent, complete daily job logs including subcontractor work on project. Submit to Project Manager each week.
- Promote rapport and team work among field crew. Set goals.
- Together with Field Superintendent or Project Manager, review field personnel at the conclusion of their work on each project.
- Recommend crew members for incentive awards.
- Develop a lead person to be in charge when you are absent from the site. Always notify the lead person before leaving site.
- Ensure the Owner/Client and/or delivery services can contact you during non-business hours in case of an emergency on site or other urgent condition.
- Know what to do if an OSHA inspector comes on site.
- Know what to do/not to say in the event of a crisis on site.
- Always present yourself in a professional manner that enhances the reputation of the Company.
- Together with the Vice President of Operations, develop an annual plan for your career growth and development.
- Help promote the presence of Henkel Construction in the community at large as a progressive and safety conscious builder.
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned.
Business Conduct Statement(s)
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accurate – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Adaptability – Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Goal Oriented – Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Honesty/Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Initiative – Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- Interpersonal – Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Judgment – The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Problem Solving – Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Reliability – The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Time Management – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Benefit
- Profit sharing
- Paid Vacation
- Bonus program
- Assistance for continuing education
- Employee recruitment bonus
- Quarterly incentives
- Perfect Attendance incentives
Thank you for reviewing our opportunity, for immediate consideration please click on the apply now button below.
Minimum Years of Experience Required: 5 Years Minimum Years of Education Required: High School/GED Must be Authorized to Work in the US
Willing to Travel