Search for Jobs:
Carpenter Mason City, IA
Henkel Construction Co.
Mason City, IA
Henkel Construction Company, the second oldest construction company in Iowa, builds healthcare, commercial, industrial, retail, institutional and heavy-highway projects. Projects range in value from $500,000 to $30 million. Half of our work is design-build or construction management and the other half is competitively bid.
Our goal is to be the Owner’s choice for construction services based on our professionalism, performance, dedication, and teamwork. We are committed to our employees and do our best to provide them with safe working environments where new ideas and growth are encouraged. In addition, we are dedicated to community service, as a company and as individuals.
We were awarded the top safety awards from Master Builders of Iowa/Iowa OSHA. Henkel received the Outstanding Safety Achievement Award, Safety Professional Award, and Safety Champion award. In addition Henkel Construction was the winner of Master Builders of Iowa Masters Award for projects $5 million to $10 million.
Construct, erect, install, and repair structures and fixtures of wood, plywood, and wallboard, hollow metal doors, frames, hardware, specialty items such as toilet partitions, marker boards, etc. using carpenter’s hand tools and power tools.
- Measure and mark cutting lines on materials, using ruler, pencil, chalk, and marking gauge.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Verify trueness of structure, using plumb bob and level.
- Shape or cut materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saw.
- Study specifications in blueprints, sketches or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required.
- Assemble and fasten materials to make framework or props, using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue.
- Build or repair cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, and other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, carpenter’s hand tools, and power tools.
- Erect scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level.
- Remove damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace, using hand tools.
- Install structures and fixtures, such as windows, frames, flooring, and trim, or hardware, using carpenter’s hand and power tools.
- Select and order lumber and other required materials.
- Arrange for subcontractors to deal with special areas such as heating and electrical wiring work.
- Inspect ceiling or floor tile, wall coverings, siding, glass, or woodwork to detect broken or damaged structures.
- Construct forms and chutes for pouring concrete.
- Fill cracks and other defects in plaster or plasterboard and sand patch, using patching plaster, trowel, and sanding tool.
- Perform minor plumbing, welding, or concrete mixing work.
- Apply shock-absorbing, sound-deadening, and decorative paneling to ceilings and walls.
- Help with structural steel erection.
- Read and obey safety rules and regulations.
Business Conduct Statement(s)
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accurate – Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Adaptability – Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Goal Oriented – Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Honesty/Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Initiative – Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- Interpersonal – Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Judgment – The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Problem Solving – Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Reliability – The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Time Management – Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Hiring Bonus!
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Benefit
- Profit sharing
- Paid Vacation
- Bonus program
- Assistance for continuing education
- Employee recruitment bonus
- Quarterly incentives
- Perfect Attendance incentives
Thank you for reviewing our opportunity, for immediate consideration please click on the apply now button below.
Minimum Years of Experience Required: 3 Years
Minimum Years of Education Required: High School/GED
Must be Authorized to Work in the US
Willing to Travel