Search for Jobs:
Superintendent Sioux City, IA
L & L Builders Co.
Sioux City, IA
L & L Builders construction company began operations in 1960 and we specialize in design build, CM, negotiated and general construction services. Over the last 10 years L & L Builders has averaged about $30M in construction revenue. That dollar volume includes projects representing all the above delivery methods for developers, commercial business, government and military entities.
Manage daily operations of large construction projects from the ground up, including oversight of company resources and subcontractors, to ensure safety, schedule, delivery, quality of work performed and adherence to budget of the project. The Superintendent may have some supervisory responsibility for other L & L Builders’ supervisors and field team members. Serve as a respected company representative with the public, subcontractors, suppliers and owner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The main responsibility of this position is to ensure that the construction work is completed safely, on time, within budget and falls within our company’s quality standards.
- Establish and maintain good safety and security practices for the entire project in accordance with L & L’s safety program.
- Helping train new personnel, verifying their capabilities and follow up they’re meeting expectations.
- Completes construction projects by planning, organizing, and controlling the job site; completing quality inspections; supervising sub-contractors and staff.
- Coordinating with subcontractors in order to get sufficient equipment and personnel necessary to complete the construction work on time.
- Preparing schedules, assigning work to all construction personnel at the site and communicating with the project manager as necessary to reduce any risks associated with the job.
- Keep Project Manager informed as to changes made in the field, so that such changes may be covered by general contract change orders and subcontract change orders.
- Determine work methods which result in improved efficiency and productivity at the job site.
- Ensuring that all reports, documents, records, timesheets, and invoices are completed properly and on time.
- Use safety tool box talks weekly to help ensure that safety is both understood and adhered to.
- Plan and review on a regular basis the project details with the Project Manager.
- Provide input on jobsite logistics, organization, plant layout, equipment and manpower utilization.
- Schedule and expedite the delivery of materials and equipment for their timely on-site installation.
- Coordinate, direct, and monitor the activities of subcontractors and suppliers with company owners.
- Obtain, or see that the subcontractors obtain, all necessary permits for temporary and construction purposes.
- Coordinate the work on site with the activities of inspection agencies as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Job Specifics
- Must have a comprehensive level of expertise in the construction industry along with construction supervisory experience.
- Must be able to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule.
- Must have proven verbal and written communication skills as the superintendent position requires interaction with many people involved in the entire construction process.
- Must be able to issue clear and concise directions to both L&L team members and subcontractors at the site.
- Must be able to fully understand, comprehend and utilize blue prints a regular basis.
- Must have strong leadership capabilities and be able to influence, inspire and motivate others.
- Must be proficient with a computer.
Education and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED
- A Minimum of 10 years in the Construction Field
- Strong driving record • Leadership Training
- Current OSHA 30hr certification preferred.
- An Associate degree or a Bachelor’s degree in Construction Preferred