Search for Jobs:
Commercial Project Management / Estimator Sioux City, IA
L & L Builders Co.
Commercial Project Management / Estimator
Sioux City, IA
L & L Builders is a 45-year-old construction company specializing in design build, CM, negotiated and general construction services. Over the last 10 years L & L Builders has put in place three fourths of a billion dollars worth of construction. That dollar volume includes projects representing all the above delivery methods for developers, business, governmental and military entities.
This position is responsible for all construction project activities, including estimating/bidding on chosen projects, doing take-offs based on architectural plans/specs, negotiating/buying out subcontracts, coordination of site schedule with sub-contractors and managing all other project estimating activities. As the project manager, you’ll be actively involved and responsible for regular site visits surrounding safety and quality, along with attending regular construction meetings. In addition, this position will utilize a wide array of proven communication skills which can foster positive client relationships to ensure future success with the client.
- Establish both a safe and environmentally friendly working environment at the job site.
- Negotiate and prepare agreements for successful execution of work, including bid packages and contract documents.
- Establish communication procedures, including the appropriate chain of command for all communications for projects and set up an appropriate tracking system for necessary approvals.
- Establish meeting procedures and timetables.
- Ensure project documentation is accurate and coordinated.
- Provide updated progress reports on projects based on client requirements.
- Oversee construction activities, including coordination of Contractors and Owner contracted services and/or products.
- Conduct design coordination meetings, pre-construction meetings, site inspections, punch list meeting and final project closeout.
- Review all requests for information, changes requests, etc. and issue appropriate response.
- Ensure close out package is properly prepared for client.
Preferred Job Requirements
- Four-year degree in Construction Management, Architectural Engineering or extensive commercial construction experience in place of education.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in either commercial construction project management or commercial construction as a project estimator is preferred.
- Experience in administering contracts and working with sub-contractors preferred.
- Ability to work professionally in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
- Essential to have experience and knowledge in both safety and environmental standards.
- Skills in Microsoft office-Outlook, Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Timberline Construction estimating software.
- Very team orientated individual with high degree of integrity, initiative, excellent communication skills, creative problem-solving, and strong leadership abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
- LEED accreditation is highly desired.