Search for Jobs:
Project Foreman Decorah, IA
J B Holland Construction Inc.
ABOUT JBHC JB Holland Construction, Inc. is a heavy highway excavation contractor performing mass excavation, grading, utility pipework and soil stabilization on projects located throughout Iowa and surrounding states. The Holland family tradition of excavation has continued for over fifty years. Please visit our website www.jbholland.net for more information on JBHC.
Directly supervise and coordinate activities of assigned construction workers. Organize, coordinate and supervise day to day field operations to meet timelines, meet safety standards, achieve maximum productivity and efficiency, train subordinates, achieve quality standards, and job profitability of assigned activities. Represent JB Holland and its philosophies in the public and to its employees. Follow the guidelines set out by management. Represent, implement and enforce the policies including safety policies and procedures established by JB Holland management, and perform additional tasks as may be assigned.
Reports to: Project Superintendent – if none assigned then Project Manager
- Valid driver’s license Class B CDL w/ Hazard & Tanker endorsements
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Leadership and Problem Solving skills
- Computer Skills
- Knowledge of: Heavy Job, Equipment Repair techniques and procedures of JB Holland, JB Holland equipment utilized on crew, Grade staking, and Plans and specifications.
- Provide Basic Mechanic Tools for own use on the job
- Work away from home requiring overnight stays possibly week at a time or longer
- 40+ hours per week, 11+ hours per day typical
- Attend and participate in all training classes required by JB Holland
- Layout, coordinate and supervise the day to day operations of crew
- Examine and inspect work of crew
- Maximize productivity and efficiency of project, crew, and personnel
- Report production along with equipment and labor hours daily and maintain a project log
- Perform weekly Tool box talks
- Train employees on equipment
- Repair and/or coordinate for the repair of equipment
- Direct, evaluate and discipline (excluding termination)subordinates. Terminate subordinates with consultation of project manager
- Communicate/relay to Superintendent and/ or Project Manager the details and issues of the project on a daily basis.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Retirement Benefit
- Safety Allowance
- Tool Allowance
- Daily Per Diem
- Company Vehicle
Minimum Years of Experience Required: 1 Year
Minimum Years of Education Required: High School/GED
Work away from home requiring overnight stays possibly week at a time or longer